So we all know that Penny Lane quote from Almost Famous: "...And if you ever get lonely, you just go to the record store and visit all your friends."
We also know that everyone loves top ten lists and countdowns. Before it invented the biggest disgraces to the human race of reality shows, VH1 was saved from it's deathbed by countdowns.
We also know that Passport Smiles' iPod had amnesia just after arriving in France. And since she switched computers with her father before coming to France, her iTunes are also in the USA. So, with thanks to Urban Outfitters and Nylon's free mixes and some randomly acquired songs, I have come up with some train-ride playlists. Also, thanks to UO and Nylon, I am able to understand Pitchfork's top 50 albums of 2009 list. (http://pitchfork.com/features/staff-lists/7744-the-top-50-albums-of-2009). Gossip Girl also soundtracked quite a few of these songs.
So...without further ado, here is a list of my survival songs in France:
1) "The Tenure Itch" by the Pains of Being Pure at Heart
2) "Home" by Edward Sharpe and The Magnetic Zeros
3) "I Start to Run" by White Denim
4) "Fables" by the Dodos
5) "Shiny Happy People" by R.E.M
6) "Is It Any Wonder?" by Keane
7) "Majestic" by Wax Fang
8) "Time Bomb" by the Old 97s
9) "Given to Fly" by Pearl Jam
10) "Another Saturday Night" by Sam Cooke
Things We Slacked
10 hours ago